Thursday, October 8, 2015

The 3 F's: Football, Farm and Field trip

 As if I haven't posted enough about football, here I go again except this time I have a good reason.  These three football pictures were taken by a very kind parent who clearly is way more talented than I in the picture taking department.  My in motion pictures always tend to have my kids looking like blurry bugs.  Anyway, this parent snapped these pictures of Nick during his last game (the game that Nick rocked) and I thought they turned out so well.  Check out the look on Nicks face in the second picture (below).  His face says, "You're going down!" And that's exactly what happened.  Thank you for sharing these great pictures, Mr. Hopkins! 


 I took Nick and his friend, J. to Rader farm yesterday.  I took Nick and J last year too and when I asked them if they thought they would want to go next year, since after all, they will be in 5th grade, they both said there is no doubt, they will want to go.  J. also had to remind me that he's a year younger than Nick so of course he'd want to go.  Way to play, J, way to play it. 
 Each of my boys have friends that are near and dear to my heart.  For Nick, it's J.  There is no doubt in my mind that J. was placed in Nick's life by God.  Nick finished 2nd grade with a broken spirit.  We spent that summer repairing it and getting Nick ready for third grade.  Academically and socially he was just struggling.  I prayed a lot during that summer, that 3rd grade would bring out the best in Nick and that he'd make some solid friendships and boy did God deliver but I love how He delivers because they are in ways we least expect him to.  When Nick was in second grade, J. was in first grade.  He's a bright kid so they moved him right into Nick's 3rd grade class & the rest as they say is history.  J.'s calm spirit brings out the best in Nick they so enjoy each other's company.  
 Today Nick went on a field trip with his class.  I wasn't able to go as I was out of vacation days but my friend, Mandy, took pictures for me.  Thanks Mandy!  What boy doesn't like to climb rocks during the school day?
I've posted a lot about Nick lately but there is news with Jay.  We have conferences next week and IEP meetings!  Never a dull moment. 

No comments: