Sunday, October 16, 2016

Good times at the farm

 This weekend we went with our good friends to their parents farm.  This is the second year we've done this and it never disappoints.  My boys love it.  There is something to be said to be out in the middle of nowhere (literally) separating cattle, getting dirty, riding around on four wheelers, fishing and doing good old fashioned work.  Come to think of it, I rarely saw Jay on his phone while we were there and that is a small miracle. 
 Jami's parents got a new beagle puppy, Rhedd.  She loved Jay.  She would have growled at me if I picked her up this way.  ha. 
 The pond is fully stocked with fish and Nick got a monster catfish and Big Jay (below) helped him fillet all the fish on Saturday night. First thing this morning all the kids got up (all 8 of them) and went fishing. 


And here's all 8 kids!  Jami's parents hosted 18 people in their home this weekend - kid you not.  If that's not hospitality, I don't know what is.  We had a ball and I am so thankful for friends like Jami and Andy, Brandy and Jay and Laura and Mike. 

No comments: