Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Our October

 After the summer I had, I have welcomed being busy this fall.  We are getting ready to wrap up October and with it came football games, concussions, get together with friends (see above) and family (see below).  I am beyond thankful for the steady work Mike has had (more on that below).  The picture above was taken this past weekend.  I got together with my former co-workers and although I do not miss my former employer, I sure miss my former employees (ha). 
 My mom took my sister and I to a Halloween tea.  For about a week leading up to the tea, I would ask my mom, "Now what are we doing again?"  I was clueless.  We had such a good time though.  It was great food and great company, a perfect combination.  And of course we laughed over our witches hats that mom got us.  We decided Kim pulls off a hat so much better than we do. 
 Luke and Kim came to Nick's football on Saturday and cousin Luke got to hang (literally) with Jay.
 I'm going to discreetly point out Mike's tshirt in this picture so look closely (it says "Real Men Do Pilates").  I'm posting this picture at my own martial risk, ha.  In late August, Mike was hired to do work at a new pilates studio that was opening.  I hesitate to use the term remodel (because Mike's business isn't really a remodeling business) but essentially that's what he did.  It needed a lot of work and Mike did a ton of work that included custom work.  He was happy to have the steady work (and income) and his customer was thrilled with the end result.  She invited our family to her grand opening and gave Mike his pilates tshirt.  I love that he wore it and actually smiled while wearing it.  Ha. 
Here's Kim and I at our Halloween tea.  As I write this blog, I am at my table, looking out over my back yard that is covered with leaves.  The wind is colder and I'm consistently wearing long jeans and sweatshirts.  Football for Nick wraps up this upcoming weekend and Jay has already started basketball.  What a month, but I am so thankful for my health (especially after this summer), the steady work Mike continues to have and my family.  I find that even though I feel somewhat blindfolded in this new journey I'm on with Mike, God is still present in my everyday life.  Mike and I have a new phrase that we say to each other but for different reasons, "Stay on Path."  Our path is still very unknown and foreign but we're trying to stay on that path each and everyday. 

No comments: