Monday, October 17, 2016

I heart audio books

I may have blogged about this before but Nick loves audio books.  What makes my heart really sing about this is reading is hard for Nick (and Jay).  I'm an avid reader.  Right now I'm reading, "The Nightingale," by Kristen Hannah.  Every time I pick that book up it takes me to France during WWII.  I can learn about what France was like and I can almost close my eyes and picture the characters and the village they lived in.  I can almost smell the smoke in the air from the bombs and feel their hunger (well almost).  I might be a little dramatic but this is what reading does for you.  It opens doors for you and just because you have trouble reading doesn't mean you can't be transformed by it.  With the help from my mom, Nick has discovered a joy in listening to audio books.  He recently devoured "Wonder" and now he's listening to "Dead End, in Norfolk."  Every night when he goes to bed I hear him listening to the latest chapter in the book he's listening to.  Last week my mom rented an audio book that Nick's entire classroom is listening to right now.  His teacher sent me the picture above.  Five students (including Nick) got to listen to the audio and read along. All I can say is thank goodness for nana's (thanks mom) and thank goodness for audio books.

No comments: