Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Back in alignment

Mike just got back from a much deserved long weekend in TN with Ausili.  I always encourage these guy trips because Mike works hard, as does Ausili.  And selfishly I encourage these guy weekends so that later on I can take my much deserved girls weekend!  However, there is a price to be paid when Mike is gone for a long weekend - my sanity!  I speak the truth when I tell you that Mike is the glue of our family.  He keeps us all in place.  After four long days, Mike got home last night and was instantly thrown back into the reality of our life.  Nick was complaining about basketball and Mike had to keep it real for him.  Then, Jay and I were bickering back and forth (more on raising a teenage son later but let's just say Jay is no cupcake these days), at which point Mike had to sit us both down and put out that fire.  Our family just gets a wee bit out of whack when Mike is gone.  Now that he's home, were back in alignment! 

No comments: