Thursday, November 17, 2016

Creating Margin

Our pastor asked his congregation to create some margin in their life for the month of November.  We were asked to give something up.  I have a confession.  I've been unable to give anything up.  I have tried (oh how I have tried) to read my bible everyday but the demands being placed on me are relentless.  I'm just confessing my sin.  Remember that blog about me being punched?  That's how I've felt, especially the last 24 hours.  I've been bombarded with emails and keep in mind, I'm not even talking about work emails because Yes, I do work full time, and yes, emails and lots of them are part of my job.  I got an email about Nick's basketball which required me to put more dates in my calendar.  Another email arrived from Nick's math teacher.  Surprise, there is a test tomorrow and Nick needs to study!  Email number two arrived from Nick's English teacher asking if the kids could write notes to the student teachers on their last day (tomorrow!).  Another email arrived from Jay's basketball coach.  Forms needs to be filled out for their food choices for away games and money needs to be collected for that food and jerseys were ordered for practice.  Send more money.  I got a text yesterday about bringing refreshments to 4h tonight.  I went to make the crumb cake today and golly gee, I had no eggs.  I made a quick trip the nearest town and got some eggs and picked up a prescription while I was there.  Might as well kill two birds with one stone.  I made two trips to the post office.  Don't ask.  Yesterday evening encompassed a student council meeting, a basketball practice, and small group.  Nick has to fill a shoe box for another child in need for 4h tonight.  I conquered Dollar General.  Nick is trying desperately to keep up with his homework and school requirements.  He has to memorize lines for a Christmas play and memorize lines for a puppet show for student council.  If this blogs seems like it's all over the place, that's because I'm all over the place.  Mike is so busy at work it makes my head spin.  We are like two strangers passing each other late in the evening, attempting to give each other a weak high five, as if to say, we suck and we know it!  Last night my mom kindly asked me (because she knows how busy it's been for me) if I wanted to come over while Jay was at small group and she would help me plan Thanksgiving dinner.  I appreciated the offer but my brain is hardly functioning at this point, let alone after 7 pm!  I don't write this blog for any sympathy.  I am not alone in my insanity.  At this point I'd settle for a quiet evening, a hot bath with a stiff drink!  Instead, I'm off to a 4h meeting!  Forgive me, Jesus. 

No comments: