Friday, December 23, 2016

A week full of memories

This was Nick's last Christmas program at school.  It was bittersweet for my mom and I.  I have enjoyed the Christmas program at North since Jay was in kindergarten.  This year Nick had a speaking part.  He was Dave from "Alvin and the Chipmunks."  He did a great job! 
 I thought about naming this blog, "A Hodge Podge of Pictures" but decided not to because in reality this week has been filled with memories, good ones!  Here it is Dec. 23 and my heart is so full.  I have spent so much time this week reflecting on God's gift of his son and God's goodness in my own life.  My life looks so different than it did a year ago.  For the most part Mike spent this week at home.  He ran errands for the business and worked on some projects for work.  In past years I've practically had to beg Mike to show up at my mom's house on Christmas Eve at noon.  He would work until the bitter end and never took time off around the holidays.  It has been nice to see him relax a bit.  His schedule even allowed him to attend Nick's Christmas program at school (see above).  The picture above is from our Christmas party last week.  I thought it was a cute picture of Mike and our friend, Neal. 
Nick and I made a birthday cake for Jesus.  It was quite delicious and we had it devoured within a few days!  Happy Birthday, Jesus! 
Laura and I organized our annual Socks for Seniors event.  We think this was our 5th or 6th year doing it.  This year we did not do it at my dad's nursing home.  Last year it was very clear that the event annoyed my dad and this year I decided it was best if we went to another nursing home and the change of "scenery" was a good thing. 
                                  I told Laura I could not take her seriously in this sweater! 
Sweet friends.  I adore this picture.  Every year we do this event our kids love it.  I am right on the cusp of Nick no longer finding this event enjoyable so this year was really special to me (even though sadly we didn't do it at my dad's nursing home). 
Nick in his Cornerstone gear.  Just this morning Nick and Mike took off together to hit some antique stores (one of Nick's favorite things to do).  Mike has turned into a "picker."  During his slow time he looks for antiques, wood and other items for projects.  He tends to take his side kick, Nick. 
Kim and I took the kids to visit my dad this morning.  Luke had us all in laughter and that boy adores his older cousin!  When Jay and Luke are together you can usually find Jay carrying him around like a sack of potatoes.  Ha! 

No comments: