Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Years Eve

Here it is, Dec. 31.  Tomorrow people will begin a new year.  Resolutions will be made, and broken.  A new year offers a certain "start fresh" attitude.  2016 was my most challenging year in my adult life and I was incredibly taken care of.  It's somewhat bittersweet to see 2016 end.  I grew in my faith, I witnessed Mike start up his own business, something people have encouraged him to do for years.  When we were at our weakest was when we were most able to see God at work.  I know God is at work in our lives all the time but it was through my pain and suffering that I felt closest to Him.  There is not a day that goes by that I am not in awe of how He works in my life.  This year new friendships were formed and our old friendships were solidified.  I don't have any earth shattering revelations for 2017.  I simply want to love better, pray often and serve more.  Who knows what that looks like and what doors it will open but in case you haven't been reading my blogs (ha), I am still walking in a fog and for now, that's just the way I like it.  I hang on to the advice my grandpa gave me last December, "Trust the Lord, He will lead the way for you." Happy New Year!

No comments: