Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

 What a special Christmas it was this year.  I got Mike an ornament this year with his business logo on it.  Last Christmas running his own business was not even on our radar.  It was just a peaceful Christmas filled with family, food and laugher.  I love the above picture of my mom with her grands.  Jay is 14 (but almost 15).  Nick is 10.  Lauren is 9 and Luke is 5. 
 My sister and I.  Everyone was healthy this year except for Kim.  She had a cold but you certainly can't tell from these pictures. 


 After we opened gifts on Christmas Eve the kids played ping pong.  It was a major hit with Luke. 
                            Mom and Jay.  Jay literally towers over his nana these days. 
 My boys in front of our tree on Christmas day.  I can't believe how much time flies.  I so love these Christmas' of peace and calm.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it when the boys were little but things seem to run a little smoother now that they are older.  I even put the presents out under the tree before Christmas (my first year doing this). 
 Jay got his first tool chest with tools to go in it.  Nick got spoiled too and got a ton of problem solving games and activities.  In fact as I blog tonight he's been putting together a mechanic robot that you have to hook up to a computer in order to "program" it.  Crazy!  Nick was blessed with his dad's problem solving mind. 
 I loved watching Lauren this year.  She loved all her gifts and her excitement was infectious. 
                                         Jay and his dog, Copper, in front of the fire. 
 Mike made his famous stuffed fried potato balls and prime rib on Christmas day.  As usual the food was amazing. 
I made peanut butter fudge and bought oatmeal cookies in memory of my grandparents this year.  They were missed but we can all smile remembering the memories they left us with.  Merry Christmas! 

No comments: