Wednesday, March 22, 2017

1 Peter 3:15

"Always be prepared to give an answer for the hope you have received."  I hear this verse and I wonder, what would I say, if I was asked about my faith in Jesus, especially by a non believer.  I am not a quick thinker.  I'm one of those people who go home and hours later snap my finger with that ah-ha moment of what I should have said.  I've been a believer since I was baptized at age 11, but trust me, that is not my testimony.  Believing in Jesus because you were raised in the church isn't good enough, in my opinion. What I might have written two years ago would be different from what I write today, because of my own experiences, but my faith has never waivered.  Jesus uses those experiences, and they are often in our times of struggle to strengthen us and bring us closer to Him.  Let me explain.  In my life Jesus is the one true thing.  He never changes.  Everything in my world here on earth could fall apart at any given time.  Mike may one day really disappoint me.  My children may graduate high school and never darken my door step.  I or someone I love could go through a terrible illness.  The list is endless.  Ask yourself what your greatest fear is, then ask yourself what you would do if your greatest fear came true.  Would you fall apart?  Do you think you wouldn't be able to handle such a situation?  I'm here to tell you that in your very worst moment, Jesus is there, if you seek Him.  There is nothing you've done that is too ugly for God.  There is no problem too big for Him to handle.  I've seen it, felt it, and witnessed it.   Jesus won't keep coming around and pestering you, but the minute you invite Him in your heart, he'll be your greatest protector, and offer you the gift of hope.  It all goes back to what I stated earlier, He's the one sure thing in our life.  There is no other certainty in this earthly life.  We may feel like we deserved better in life, that we got a bad deal.  We may feel our circumstances are too difficult to bare.  Our spiritual life can't be based on our feelings, but God's truth.  And that my friends is my answer of the hope that I have in Jesus. 

No comments: