Thursday, March 30, 2017

Lamest spring break ever

 I'm more of a "glass is half full" kind of girl, so I'll start out with the positive, and then I'll move onto the half empty part.  This week the boys were on spring break.  Mike had a big job that started last Saturday.  He was hired to do a flooring job while his customer is on spring break (in sunny FL!).  Mike has taken Jay with him to work everyday this week, and that is a good thing.  It's provided Jay with structure, which equates to less fighting with his brother, and it's provided him with some income.  Plus I think it was so nice for father and son to spend time together.  I know Mike has been impressed with Jay's work ethic and he's appreciated the company.  On the flip side we have not seen the sun in six days.  It has been rainy, overcast and cold.  Nick and I have spent our days hunkered down in the house.  Considering how dull the break has been, Nick has been a good sport, but he did make sure I knew he thought this was the "lamest spring break ever."  Tomorrow I am taking the day off work and taking him and Noah and my friend Erin is joining us with her kids, ice skating.  I figured we all needed to get out of the house and do something!  I did make a mental note to myself that perhaps Mike and I should save our money and take a trip next spring break.  A big part of the boredom comes from the weather and since Mother Nature I am not, I have no control over the weather. 
My sister was one of the lucky ones that went to FL.  I try not to swear at her when she calls me and tells me the weather has been perfect.  My mom has been watching their dog, Peanut.  She also kept Nick overnight this past weekend, which is the highlight of Nick's spring break.  They played Uno, ate at Red Lobster, and watched, "Little Big Shots." 

No comments: