Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Am I losing it?

Growing up I was challenged by processing issues and as a result my mom was careful to only give me one task at time.  For example, if she was doing my hair she would send me to get a comb.  Heaven forbid if she asked me to get the comb, hairspray and any hair accessories.  Sometimes when people talk to me it's like Charlie Brown's teacher.  I'm just saying.  As an adult I try really hard to keep things in order and get done what I need to get done, but as all humans do, sometimes I fail miserably and lately I have felt that way.  Yesterday, my friend Laura, called me, horrified because she had missed a very important meeting for her daughter at school.  She said even as she was walking out the door that morning she had a nagging feeling she was missing something, but she couldn't put her finger on what it was, that is until the school called her to tell her she had missed the meeting!  I laughed with Laura, encouraged her and told her she had picked the perfect friend to share her story with, as I was doing the same kind of stuff in my life!  Just this week Nick asked me if I knew that a watermelon and a water-Malone were the same size??  Kid you not.  First off I think I have an ear infection so I can barely hear anyway.  Secondly Nick asked me this question in the car, at night, so not only am I trying to concentrate on driving in the dark (yes, I know I sound old) and then you throw my lack of hearing on top of it and you have a real cluster.  Thirdly, you really have to know Nick and I mean really know him to understand the humor in this story.  Once I realized he was serious about this question, I had to ask more questions.  According to Nick a water-Malone is a cone shape and clearly a watermelon is an oval.  I was starting to wonder if I was losing it!  I tried googling a water-Malone but to no avail.  Who knows what the heck Nick was talking about but I'm going to just call it a Nick-ism, and leave it at that! 

No comments: