Thursday, March 9, 2017

Basketball and book club

 I am so behind with blogging which makes me sad because I love to blog.  I enjoy keeping "up to date" with my blog and lately I've just been too busy, which is ironic because this is the season where things tend to slow down for me, but this March is proving it has other plans.  About two weeks ago Nick's basketball season wrapped up.  See pic above.  And our high school boys shined this year!  They went all the way to sectionals.  Nick and I went to watch them play.  Jay was sick.  Jay got sick at the end of February and was really sick.  There were several days he went to school for half days and one day he stayed home and several nights he would come home from school and not move from the chair.  The sickest I had ever seen Jay was when he was 5 and got pneumonia, and the virus he got this past February was the second time I've seen him so sick.  He's finally bounced back. 
 Nick and his buddy, C.  My friend, Erin, was at the Oly game and we sat together.  We were packed in the gym like sardines.  It was hot and smelly!  But it was a really big deal for our team to make it sectionals.  It was such a fun season to watch the boys play. 
Last week my mom and I, with a few members from our book club, traveled to Chicago for Renee Rosen's book launch of her new book, "Windy City Blues."  We had such a good time.  If I had the time and money, I'd travel the country going to book launches for my favorite books and authors.  We laughed a lot and got to experience an Uber.  Sadly, my mom lost her phone in the Uber (another situation of being packed in somewhere like sardines), but our Uber driver was awesome and found my mom's phone and mailed it back to her.  Thanks Melanie from Uber.  Now I can't wait to start my new book which Renee signed.  I know, I'm am such a book nerd (and proud of it).  I can't imagine my life without books.  Thanks mom for planting that seed for me.

No comments: