Saturday, May 6, 2017

Grandma's wishes

In college Grandma wrote me a letter, a very heart felt letter that was later read for her funeral.  Who knows why I saved the letter.  I'm really not the sentimental type, but thank goodness I saved it.  In that letter she reminded me that I come from a family that fear and love God. She asked me (or rather instructed me, as only Grandma could) to read the book of Proverbs, but she was more specific than that.  She asked that I read one chapter per day during the month of May because Proverbs have 31 chapters.  Well here I am nearly 22 years later finally doing what Grandma asked me to do during my precious college years.  It probably would have benefited me more had I read it during my young and formative college years, but hey, better late than never, right?  And while I read the book of Proverbs I know Grandma is smiling down on me from above, and that gives me comfort.