Thursday, March 1, 2018

Psalm 34: 18

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. 

Every so often my kids can really blow it out of the park with ah-ha moments.  Since we found out the Ausili's are moving I have used the words broken hearted many times.  I question what our life is supposed to look like without them since they will be living 12 hours away from us.  I imagine Mike and I looking at each other in July and asking, "Well, what now?"  Ha!  Last night Nick told me he stumbled across a bible verse that he found comforting since we are a bit broken hearted these days.  It was Psalm 34:18.  He read it out loud to me and I was instantly reminded of God's love for all of us.  This bible verse reassures me that God knows of our crushed spirit and He is close to us in our sadness.  I am fully confident our families will continue to thrive and our times together will be that much more precious.  It was a good reminder of His faithfulness and how he once again uses the most unlikely - Nick - to get His message across.  I love how God works!  

No comments: