Sunday, May 20, 2018

Good Enough

May is always a super month!  But this May is proving to be even more busy because Faith graduates today and Kim's 40th birthday is this week.  For weeks leading up to Faith's graduation and Kim's birthday I frantically searched pinterest for cute gift and party ideas, trying to come up with something that would show my creativity because in case you didn't know, I have none!  I pinned and saved for weeks but in the end it overwhelmed me and in reality my time is very limited these days.  Instead what I did was when mom and I were in TX we purchased Faith a beautiful set of jewelry.  We spent time looking over the pieces and picking out what we thought she would like (and she did!).  It was simple and thoughtful, just the way I like it.  Then I'm having a small get together for Kim's 40th.  I went to a party store yesterday to pick up cute "40" paper plates and napkins.  As I shopped I instantly felt overwhelmed by all the stuff and I started questioning myself, "Am I doing enough for this party, maybe I should get a pretty "40" centerpiece, maybe I should have party hats for everyone, Kim would love that, or maybe I should hang streamers or have balloons."  Then I heard a voice in my head say, "Enough."  I fought the urge to buy anything other than what I had come into the store to buy.  I've attended some parties where the set up and creativity has literally blown me away but that's not me.  It's not that I don't appreciate well thought out and creative parties or gifts, I do, but that is not how God wired me.  At 44 I'm finally accepting that.  Sometimes good enough is okay and after all it's who I am!

No comments: