Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day and so much more

This is really one of my all time favorite pictures of my mom and I.  First off, she looks incredible, and she and I both look really happy and we truly were in this picture.  We had no idea that my dad would be gone by March 15 when we took this pic.  I was never able to blog about her birthday because my dad got sick on March 5.  I was simply too consumed with my dad to blog so I'm happy to include this picture of my mom and I from her birthday.  My mom is awesome.  My mom gets me, like really gets me.  I've appreciated her real approach to life, her sense of humor and her love of God and family.  She has shown me time and time again that she is woman, hear her roar which inspires me! As thankful as I am today for my mother, my heart is also really heavy.  I've tried to keep busy today because I knew that if I sat down I would cry!  Today is Faith's 18th birthday.  I remember being in our first house in the bedroom Jenna Fish and I painted smurf blue, sleeping in on a Sunday (because I didn't have kids then), and it being mother's day.  Mike Ausili called and announced Faith was born and she was a girl no less!  A girl!!  I thought for sure Mike and Jenny were having a boy.  Faith has had my heart since day one.  Little did I know then that I would have two boys.  Faith and my niece, Lauren would be the only girls I would know during my child rearing years.  Today the Ausili's just got back from their house hunting trip in TX.  I am thrilled they found a house and I know there are so many good times to be had, but I am struggling with this move and the changes to come.  I knew I would see the day when Faith turned 18, I am just not ready for it, especially with the reality she is going to Alabama for college in August.  I mean really!!!  For the love can time just slow down?  One thing that I am and will forever be grateful for is our friendship and how we demonstrated friendship to our kids.  As all four of our children go through life it is my hope and prayer they remember our good times and that each of them get a Siebert or Ausili as a friend.  I've had a lot of mess ups in my life but God blessed Mike and I immeasurably with Mike, Jenny, Faith and Curt.  Happy Mother's Day, Happy 18th Birthday, Faith!

No comments: