Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Happy 13th Birthday, Nick

 In a blink of an eye thirteen years have flown by.  I saw a picture on Facebook this morning of a friend of mine who was holding her baby.  He fit perfectly on her hip and was smiling up at her.  Clearly this little guy was captivated by his mother.  I wanted to comment and tell her to enjoy it while it lasts but then realized that made me sound negative.  Ha!  In truth I enjoy watching my children grow and mature.  I would just prefer it happens a little more slowly.  Nick at thirteen is funny, athletic, good in school, has a large friend group and still loves fishing (hence his birthday gift on his back in this picture).  He's adorable with his blond hair and big blue eyes.  On the flip side, I have found 7th grade to be particularly challenging with Nick.  Nothing we say or do is met with positivity.  There is a lot of negative vibes going on.  Last night I asked him if he wanted donuts for his birthday breakfast.  I was told donuts were stupid and why waste the money.  Al-righty then.  I think Nick's negativity has a lot to do with how he handles stress. I'm praying that with time and maturity that improves because as we all know, stress is just a part of life.
 This weekend I had family over to celebrate Nick's birthday.  We had burgers and Nick opted for a sundae bar instead of cake.  The sundae bar was a huge hit!


 Nick and his buddy, M.  Nick and M have inseparable lately.  I'm really glad because M lives across the street and we really like him.  They do things boy should be doing, working on their four wheelers together, riding them and making trails and of course fishing.


No comments: