Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Siebert Chronicles

 Spring is here!  We are so thankful!  The weather has improved and the boys are in full swing of spring.  Jay is coaching Nick's Game Time Gym team (Nick is #1).  They have had one game and so far so good.  Jay has a few jobs lined up this summer but they haven't really "taken off" yet.
 My sister adopted Copper's mom, Callie.  We all love her and we have to really look at the two of them in order to tell the difference between the two of them (the picture of Mike is of him petting Cole and Callie).  Kim and Lauren love Callie.  My mom is doing great with Walker.  Tonight as I was talking to mom on the phone she was in gales of laughter over Walker as he had jumped up on her lap and made himself comfortable while she was talking on the phone.  The addition of these dogs into my sisters family and mom has warmed my heart.
 Today was Sarah's birthday and we celebrated by getting pedi's!  Genny was certainly missed but Mary joined us this year.
 Love these two girls.  They have helped fill the void that Genny left.  This week has been full of laughter - at least that's the way I choose to see it.  Earlier this week Jay was headed to the store to get ice cream.  He asked what flavor I wanted (which I did appreciate).  I told Jay it didn't matter because I wouldn't eat any ice cream because I was trying to lose weight.  The best line ever came when Jay said (and I quote), "Really mom, at your age, why does it even matter?"  I can't make this stuff up in my house.  The next story is kinda gross but it's a reality in my house and I have no doubt that it's one of the "memories" the boys will have as they grow into adulthood.  Every time my family piles into the car to make the 35 minute commute to church on Sunday mornings, someone farts!  Most of those farts comes from Jay or Mike.  Rarely is it Nick.  But every Sunday it can almost be counted on that either Jay or Mike will pass gas and the windows will have to be rolled down (despite the temperature outside), everyone will complain, gales of laugher will ensue (mostly by Mike) and eyes will water.  I tend to get angry because I'm the one driving but today I finally gave into the laughter and thought this is who we are - farts and all.

No comments: