Thursday, July 4, 2019

Our 4th of July

 I love Fourth of July.  Thanksgiving and 4th of July are my favorite holidays!  I have such fond memories of the 4th from my childhood and the early years with my boys!  Time flies (more on that later).  This year I had my mom, sister and Mary out for bruch.  We laughed and enjoyed the morning together.
 Once again I am so thankful Mary lives close and I can see her and spend time with her!
 Mike and I have been doing the 4th of July shrimp boil with this group since 2016 (sadly the first year I was invited I broke my ankle).  Things have changed in four years.  Many of our kids eat and leave now but man do we have a good time!  I know all these people from Jay and I'm so thankful they came into our lives!
 This!  This picture is of our senior boys (Jay, Ayden, Aaron, Reece, Garrett, and Jeremy).  Time flies and it's bittersweet.
 And it begins!  The shrimp boil never disappoints.  It is always delish!


 This year the guys smoked an alligator.  They put the head right in the middle of the shrimp.  It was a conversation piece, for sure.
Ayden and Jay - senior boys!  Sometimes there just aren't words and this is one of those times.  Love them both.

No comments: