Sunday, October 6, 2019

All About Nick

For weeks I kept telling myself I needed to devote some blog time to Nick.  I've blogged a lot lately about Jay because he's a senior and things are a changing with him but Nick has things going on that are pretty exciting also.  First off this boy is entering his 6th month of no soda and no sweets!  Kid you not.  In May he decided he was done with soda and done with sweets.  He hasn't given an inch.  When he and I were in FL in June I tried to tempt him with a churro dipped in chocolate.  He was having none of it.  Who knows whether or not he'll eat cake for his 14th birthday.  His will of iron is like Mike's so my bets are on No.  These days Nick is playing football and fishing.  When he's not playing football, he's fishing.  I thank God that we live where Nick has access to a lake.  Fishing is truly his passion and as Mike says, he's darn good at it!  Football was met with some mixed emotions this year.  Nick has played but I haven't sensed that he loves it.  I keep telling him to hold on until high school but whether or not he plays next year remains to be seen.  One of Nick's greatest strengths on the field is his sportsmanship.  I see it over and over and again.  He helps a teammate up or another player on the other team.  He provides encouragement when needed.  This season we carpooled with another player who is 3 years younger than Nick.  I loved hearing their conversations.  Nick encouraged this boy and told him the "ins and outs" of football.  One of Nick's greatest gifts is encouraging others.

No comments: