Sunday, October 27, 2019

Friends

 Nick and his buddies.  Nick is the shortest one out of all of them and it's not like Nick is short.  I've decided his friends are just giants and they all seemed to have grown overnight!  Both of my boys are blessed with good friends.  Nick has gotten particularly close with Chase, a boy who just lives a few county roads from us.  They play basketball and run track together.
We never see Jay anymore.  He's a typical senior - never home, always hanging with his friends.  It's all perfectly normal stuff and I'm sure it's preparing me for the upcoming season in my life where he transitions from high school to college.  I really like Jay's group of friends!  They are a group of about 6 of  them that have been friends since middle school.  Recently I asked Jay which one of the boys was his "favorite."  I know, it was such a "mom question."  He looked at me like I had two heads and said, "Mom, that is like someone asking you which one of your boys is your favorite."  My impression is that these boys have each others backs.  Today Jay and four of his friends went to Chicago to watch a Bears game.  Many of Jay's friends have already turned 18.  I admit I didn't love the idea but I knew if I said No it would only be based out of fear so Jay is at his first Bears game today - having a great time with his boys, I'm sure!!!

No comments: