Tuesday, October 15, 2019

TN Girls Weekend

 Bless Sarah.  She is so intentional!  This summer she texted Jenny and I and asked that we put a date on the calendar for all three of us to get together for a porch swing weekend in TN.  We picked October!  And this time we flew!  Once again flying spoiled me.  My new philosophy is if I can't afford to fly, then I wait until I can!  Sarah and I flew together and had to give Jenny the thumbs up that we were on our way.  The beauty was all three of aligned our flights so we arrived within five minutes of each other in Knoxville, TN! Jenny's sweet dad, Wayne, was our Uber!
 Jenny bought us our own Yeti cups for our cocktails, of course!  Every night we would fill them up and sit on the porch swing (see below). We would cover up with a blanket and talk and laugh!!!

 One day we wore our Waco shirts (yes, we are dorks) and went for a beautiful drive on the Foothills.
 Sarah is obsessed with Myers Briggs.  While porch swinging she quizzed Jenny on a Myers Briggs test!
                                                 Views of the mountain.  I love TN!

                             We went shopping at our favorite shop, Roost, in Maryville, Tn.

 On Friday we went to the spa.  I got a Swedish massage.  Sarah got a deep tissue and Jenny got a hot stone.  We loved it!
 There is a story with this picture.  We wanted to make it look like we had been hiking.  Notice me all hunched over and Sarah with her walking stick.  In reality I think it just looks Sarah is pulling a corn cob out of my butt.
I have the best girlfriends!  I don't know what I'd do without them.  It has been hard for Sarah and I to have Jenny being so far from us but it makes being reunited that much sweeter. I have compared it to when we pull away from God and we come back to Him.  He must be so happy to have us back.  That is how I feel about my girlfriends.  I love them dearly.  Until next time!

No comments: