Monday, April 20, 2020

Baptism, Yard work and Acceptance

Lauren and Luke made their decision to be baptized and follow Jesus this weekend.  It was such a bright spot in what has been a dark time.  As a family we gathered together at their church on Saturday, stood 6 feet apart, and clapped as we saw them be baptized.
On Sunday we were all four home all day and worked on projects in the yard.  Projects in the yard continues to be on our summer projects.  We tore up a part of the yard because the dogs have destroyed it (from peeing there constantly).  We laid down mulch.  I decided I'm not going to plant plants there because again the dogs will pee on them and kill them.  Instead I'm going to plant planters and line the area with big stone.  Stay tuned.
Both of my boys were huge helps yesterday.  We tackled the yard together and I got patio furniture.  Jay took me to pick it up. It was an all around satisfying day and weekend.  The weather was wonderful and it was nice to spend time together outside as a family.
I think I finally turned a corner yesterday as far as my attitude goes.  Honestly since this quarantine began about 6 weeks ago I've been selfish, angry and unmotivated. Selfish in that I've come to the realization I'm spoiled and like my plans and it's not a compliment.  I haven't liked myself much these days.  Angry in that my plans have been demolished and unmotivated in not caring - I've gained 3.5 lbs and think nothing of eating cake.
Yesterday it was like something switched in me.  It is ever so clear things are not getting back to normal any time soon.  It is also clear this summer will be like no other summer before.  Things will be slower and yes probably duller.  Who knows if Jay will have a graduation ceremony and his party may have to wait until August.  I hate that this has happened to everyone, but it has.  I have cried and been disappointed way too long.  It is true I miss my friends, I miss my life before March 13 and I grieve for how Jay's senior year ended, but it's time I put my big girl pants back on.  I am committed to having a better attitude, getting this extra weight off and spending more time in the word.  I accept that any plans I had this summer may or may not happen and that's okay!

No comments: