Friday, April 17, 2020

The end of week 5 - School is officially cancelled

On March 13 I had no idea my kids would not be back to school.  When they left school that day I thought No problem, lucky them, they will get an extra week of Spring break.  As the days turned into weeks I knew there wasn't a kid in America who would be allowed to step back into their schools. There's been a lot of discouraging news, news that I know deep down is coming but when it's actually delivered it is still like a slap in the face to me.  Today our governor announced school would indeed be cancelled the rest of the school year.  Again, no surprise but it still stings.  It has not been the best week.  I have not had a thankful heart.  The weather has been terrible.  We got snow twice.  Today it's wet and freezing.  I joke that when this is over I'll be an overweight senior citizen with a swearing and drinking problem.  Honestly, it's not too far fetched.  We seem to have reached our peak in the pandemic and Trump is rolling out plans to reopen the economy in phases. Every day I'm reminded I'm not in charge of anything.  I try to lean into Jesus more, knowing full well I can barely get through a normal day without Him, let alone a pandemic under lock down with no end in sight.  I continue to be thankful for our health, our jobs and my boys really do seem to be thriving.  Neither of them care they aren't in school.  And even though there hasn't been very many nice days, when the weather is nice Nick is outside.  Jay is working part time and it's been a huge blessing.  I'll keep on keeping on, knowing that in time we will get beyond this.  My heart aches for the families who are mourning their loved ones from this terrible virus.  May God be with us all.

No comments: