Sunday, August 9, 2020

Schmidt family get together

When my grandparents were alive we would all get together on a Saturday in December to celebrate Christmas.  As they aged we started gathering in the summer months so the kids could swim. Now that they are gone we no longer get together in December anymore but we still try to have a summer get together.  Yesterday we went to Uncle Mike's. We really enjoyed our time together. We ate which is typical for Schmidt gatherings. We swam and talked and of course played cards. 
                                                              Harpy in the pool!

I just realized that I included a picture of all the kids except for Luke.  I think I missed Luke because he spent his entire day driving the Gator. He loved it. I have to say that grandma and grandpa would be proud of their great grandkids. Our bunch of kids are respectful and just nice. It made me smile thinking of grandma and grandpa watching down from above seeing their family together.
    Mom and her brothers........what a crew. It's hard to take Rod seriously in that hat.



My sweet momma.  She really enjoyed the day. It helped that it wasn't 110 degrees with no breeze. It was actually a reasonable temperature and a nice breeze all day. Such a great way to spend a Saturday!

No comments: