Sunday, August 2, 2020

It's Happening

I don't think I've mentioned this in my blog but my sister and I have written a book! We started it in late 2018. We wrote most of it in 2019. We turned it over to a publisher in late 2019 and went through two edits and now we're in the publishing phase. I could recite the book in my sleep at this point. This week we will receive our book in actual book form at which time we have one last chance to review it and when were ready we can hit the green light and it will be a book that will be available for all the masses. How do I feel about this? Well I'm nervous but mostly I'm proud. To be honest it's rare that I set a goal for myself and actually accomplish it. Remember how many times I've said I'm a "good enough" gal. I don't have any expectations for the book. I do think the book is very relatable peppered with faith, grace and humor, however, I'm leaving it all up to God and what He chooses to do with it. The book was written to honor our parents, hence the name, "Dear Mom and Dad, A Love Letter to Our Parents." It's a book that tells our history that will hopefully be carried down in our family for generations. It's a short, rainy Saturday afternoon read. Below is the write up for the back of our book which is what people will want to read before they decide whether or not they want to purchase our book. It gives a glimpse of what our book is about:

Some phone calls can change life as you know it in an instant. Amy was a young college student. Kim was in high school when the sisters received a call that would change everything and take them on a twenty-two year journey with their dad. The second call came four months after burying their dad. This time it involved their mother. It would test their faith and each other.

Dear Mom and Dad, A Love Letter to Our parents is a memoir written by two sisters. They give snapshots into their fun loving father and devoted mother. They navigate through their parents divorce and the devastating health crises each parent endured. During those challenging seasons Amy and Kim's faith sustained them and their bond as sisters was cemented. Their story is one of brokenness and redemption told with love, grace and lots of humor.


No comments: