Thursday, May 6, 2021

Clean Eating - minus 16 pounds


 I started my weight loss journey on March 8.  As of this morning I have lost 16 pounds.  I have five more pounds to go to reach my goal weight.  Honestly, I didn't think I had it in me but turns out I still have some fire left.  Ha!  I figure I must have been really overweight because no one has noticed I've lost weight.  But I don't care.  I feel 100x better.  People who know I'm on this journey have asked what I'm doing.  I start each day with coconut oil in my coffee.  I love it.  Coconut oil has about 120 calories so I am mindful of that but it's a healthy fat and I absolutely love it in my coffee.  I also start my day with two Goli gummies (I end up taking 6 total for the day).  Around 10am I have a collagen smoothie with frozen berries and a half of a frozen banana.  At noon I have a huge salad - pictured above.  I look forward to my lunch salad everyday.  I either put chicken, salmon or shrimp on my salad and I always include half of a avocado with cucumbers, tomatoes and sunflower seeds. I use a clean dressing, Primal Kitchen.  I am obsessed with Bai drinks and have one with my salad.  My salad is about 525 calories and for the most part it keeps me full for the remainder of the day.  At five or six I might have something small.  I haven't given up vodka, nor have I felt like I needed to.  I've cut back and sure some nights are better than others.  I get 30 minutes of exercise everyday which usually consists of a walk around the lake or working out to my favorite you tube channel, Fabulous 50.  I love this woman!  She has workouts tailored specifically to women in my age group.  I will admit it does feel good to turn 47 on Monday, knowing I got this pandemic weight off and then some.  I knew that within a blink of an eye if I didn't turn the ship around I'd be at a number that would sink me, physically and mentally.  Here's to five more pounds!   

No comments: