Tuesday, May 11, 2021

I'm 47


 Being 46 was somewhat unsettling to me.  Age 46 was when my dad got his brain tumor and subsequent stroke and age 46 was when my mom was diagnosed with diabetes.  Turning 47 sixteen pounds lighter with my health intact is a blessing.  I know life can turn on a dime and so can my health but for today I am healthy and happy and for that I'm very thankful.  I did get sick over Mother's Day weekend but my sweet husband encouraged me to go to a nursery with him on Mother's Day so I could pick out my flowers.  I'm so glad I went because it took my mind off of not feeling good, even though I blew my nose constantly during our flower trip.  I got my flowers bought and Mike and I bought food to make that night.  All in all it was a really nice day.  My birthday was yesterday and I took the day off work which was very delightful.  I took a walk in the morning and planted my flowers.  That afternoon I met up with Sarah, Faith and friends for a pedi and dinner.  Faith is visiting for the week because she turns 21 on Thursday.  My heart was full spending the evening with some of my all time favorite people! 

No comments: