Saturday, May 1, 2021

Happy 15th Birthday Nick


 Nick turned 15 yesterday. The day was beautiful, weather wise.  Nick didn't want any special plans for his day.  I can never get use to having boys who could care less about their birthdays.  My mom didn't make a huge deal over our birthdays but she always asked what kind of cake we wanted and what we wanted to do.  Rest assured Kim and I never had to think about what kind of cake we wanted.  Nick still won't eat cake!  I mean seriously.  However, as Jay pointed out Nick has no problem eating six pieces of french toast loaded with powdered sugar and syrup but won't eat cake.  I made Nick french toast (his favorite) for his birthday and picked up Tobin's pizza last night.  After dinner he did what he always does, he went fishing.  He scored some new fish for his tank.  Sadly one of those fish jumped out of the tank, probably because it was being chased by the bass, Anthony Wiener.  Copper then proceeded to pick the fish up this morning and leave it on my bedroom floor.  I found the lovely specimen this morning as I was making my bed.  Thankfully I found it before I stepped on it!  Gross. 

I included this picture of Nick even though it really doesn't fit the current season we're in but it sure reveals the essence of Nick.  He has a big heart for the outdoors and an adventurous spirit.  I pray he never loses either.  

As a side note, last night Jay finished his first full week of plumbing.  He starts work later (8:00) so he tends to end work later and most of this week he didn't get home until after 6pm. So far Jay is liking it and just as I thought he enjoys Philip.  Jay finds him just as hilarious as I did when I worked with him for so many years.  I am thanking God everyday for this opportunity for Jay. Mike is into his fourth week of home inspecting and as with all things Mike.....it's never easy but my prayer and my hope is it will get easier.  Last night, Nick's birthday, we all reconvened around the breakfast bar.  Mike and Jay shared stories about their individual trades.  I loved hearing them talk back and forth, knowing each of them understood the lingo (even if I didn't). Nick was in his element as he had caught several new fish for his tank. Jay stayed home last night because he was getting up early to work on a patio (thank you skills learned from landscaping). Life is good! 

No comments: