Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Maple Tree


 Here it is November 1!  I have committed to blog more this entire month.  When I let our dogs out today I was pondering what I could blog about that would be light and humorous.  My maple tree was right in front of me so I snapped a picture of it.  This maple tree gives me so much joy.  My boys have hung from the braches for first day of school pictures.  I've taken countless snap shots of Faith, Curt, Jay and Nick nestled within one of its many trunks.  I find it to be a beautiful, old tree, especially during the fall.  Sure it drops leaves everywhere and I do mean everywhere and in the spring the helicoptors from the tree go every which way and often times I find maple leaves growing out from my planters.  Never mind the fact that a tornado could potentially wipe this tree out - right on top of our house. This tree also provides a great hiding place and get away for squirrels who stand at the base of it and mock our dogs.  Mike hates this tree for all the reasons above.  Everyday after work during this time of year he spends a good 30 minutes blowing all the leaves that have fallen during the day.  And in the spring our gutters get overrun by the helicoptors the tree drops.  Jay and Nick are no fans of it either.  This tree is only around because I love it.  Rest assured if I die first Mike will take this tree down immediately following my funeral.  

No comments: