Sunday, November 6, 2022

Walker


 I refer to Walker as Big W.  He is our youngest dog and was rescued by my mom four years ago.  He lived with mom until June of this year.  When mom's mobility started to decline and then this summer literally blew up on us we knew that not only would mom need to move out of her home but it would also mean she could no longer live with Walker.  As upsetting as this was for everyone Walker's move into our home was seamless.  He instantly bonded with Jay and Jay is by far his most favorite person in the house.  Walker is Jay's sidekick, just as he was my mom's.  Jay and Walker run errands together and on nice nights Walker sits out on the deck with Jay.  I'm also pleased to say that Walker's behavior has improved since he came to live with us, as long as we don't have anything out on the counters.  Let's just say that issue is a work in progress.  Walker has no tolerance for Cole but will play with Copper.  His old man tendencies that he had with my mom are still who he is today.   Walker will shake with you when asked and will display a goofy grin.  We are never sure if he grins because he's guilty of something.  We surmise he grins to amuse us.  It works everytime.  Even though I say 3 dogs is ridiculous and I don't recommend having 3 dogs we do love Walker and we are glad he's a part of our home, especially Jay.  

No comments: