Friday, December 23, 2022

It's Nick's world, I just live in it

I realize this is a pretty random post considering it's Dec.23 but I haven't blogged about Nick in awhile.  I've intended to but time got away from me.  I have just finished working for the day today.  Mike, Jay, Nick and Chase (in the football picture above) went shopping out of town and I have a little time before my bible study Christmas party.  I figured I'd sit down and write what Nick has been up to.  It's never boring with Nick.  He continues to keep busy with his friends, despite the fact he opted not to play football or basketball.  Our football team did so well this season and although he didn't play Nick went to every game to support the team and Chase.  The picture above was taken after a Win.  Nick ran onto the field to congratulate Chase and another parent captured this awesome picture.  

 Nick continues to fish and his boat he bought in August is finally finished and out of our garage.  Mike literally covered it yesterday and moved it out.  It ended up taking four months to finish.  Considering Nick now has a boat and his hobbies are well...expensive, he got a part time job in late October.  His friend, Brantson (above) and Brantson's dad recommended Nick.  Nick works at a fabrication shop about 10 minutes from our house.  He loves it and in true Nick form, he's learned a skill.  Over Christmas break Nick intends on dividing his time and working full time at the fab shop and at the machine shop he worked at this summer.  Nick always has big plans and has a way of excuting them so they come to fruition.  I will say at this stage in my life and his he takes very little effot from a parenting perspective and it's challenging for me, probably because he's my "baby" and I want to hold on to him as long as possible.  He's hardly home so I don't see him.  By the end of the week I miss him.  Last night a winter storm rolled in.  All four of us were home by 6pm and had dinner together and we stayed home the rest of the night.  It was my Christmas miracle.  Nick went to bed early last night because he was tired.  I went up to his room and wrapped him in a huge hug.  I was so thankful to just have him home for longer than five minutes.  Ha.  

No comments: