Sunday, December 25, 2022

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas 2022!  Last night my sister and her family and my mom came out.  I remember last year we had great weather.  This year, not so much.  We've had fridgid temps with blowing snow but thankfully it had settled down enough so that everyone was able to make it out.  Mike made a brisket and it did not disappoint.  The picture above is the annual picture we send to the Ausili's.  It shows us in our "real" habitat.  Ha. 
We had all 5 dogs with us last night and they were actually very good.  Mike and I recently bought Cole, Copper and Walker a huge bed so all five dogs were able to make themselves cozy.  Notice they all have sweaters and coats on.  The temps have been sitting right at zero and below zero, too cold for any dog, let alone vizslas.  
Our boys!  Every year that goes by I count my blessings that they are with us.  It was so nice having Jay living at home during the holidays.  He's turned into a foodie, like his dad, and between the two of them we ate well all through December.  It was also nice to have Nick home for longer than 5 minutes.  Granted he's starting to act like a caged animal but he's coping.  He intends on working full time during break.  
The boys attempted to ice fish today but it hasn't been cold for long enough for the ice to be at a safe thickness.  Once they got on the ice and saw water pooling up they decided to come back in.  Thank goodness because everyone knows how much I hate ice fishing season.  I'm certain it's taken years off my life.  
My mom is a trooper.  She struggles more and more with each passing year but she loves being surrounded by her family at Christmas.  Last night sweet Jay literally lifted his nana into the car so Craig could drive her home.  As she got in the car I said, "You did it, mom."  She said, "Just, I just barely did it but I got it done."  Due to mom's mobility issues and the fridgid temps we elected to watch church from the comforts of my living room.  It is not the same - not even close, but it was the right decision this year.  Maybe next year we can go to in person church.  
My sister got the boys these cups.  Read it closely.  It's so spot on.  Today it is just me, Mike and the boys.  It's a slow, stress free day.  We leisurely opened gifts this morning.  After ice fishing was a bust Jay went to the gym.  Nick is relaxing.  I am blogging.  Mike is organizing.  We intend to have our big meal at 5pm tonight.  Our Christmas days have sure changed.  Mike's parents no longer come out and Ausili's are in Texas.  The more I age the more I realize you just have to adapt to the changes and find joy in every changing season.  This Christmas I'm joyful that my family could be together.  Considering the terrible weather we had I'm joyful we had power this Christmas.  I'm very joyous that we are all healthly and my mom is thriving.  God is good. 
 

No comments: