Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Mom's award for the ugliest sweater at the home


 As promised here is the sweater I took mom out to buy last week in the rain but it was worth it.  I mean really is it any surprise that she won the ugly sweater award at the home?  Mom's heart has been joyous lately and I'm so thankful.  She is actively involved in activities at the home.  Just this week she went on a shopping trip and last night she went out with other residents to look at Christmas lights.  No doubt this year has been hard but in usual mom fashion she finds the best in every situation.  Today I stopped in to see her.  Central IL is preparing for a big winter storm.  Mom and I agreed that it is comforting that she doesn't have anything to worry about during this storm.  She doesn't have to worry about getting Walker out to do his business, finding someone to plow her drive or worry about getting her mail.  It is a blessing to Kim, mom and I to know she is taken care of and continues to be a ray of light to everyone she encounters.  

No comments: