Monday, February 27, 2023

Nick

Last week was quite a week for Nick.  It was FFA week and for one of the days they were giving away awards to whoever  had the nicest truck.  Nick asked his brother if he could drive his new truck to school.  Jay said Yes.  Full disclosure, my momma's heart sung when that happened.  It felt good to know Nick felt comfortable enough to ask and even better when Jay said Yes.  Nick filled the truck up with gas after he was done with it for the day.  I'm not sure Nick won but it didn't matter.  It was just good to witness my boys being nice to each other.  

 Last Monday (Feb. 20) was Presidents Day.  Nick had no school.  What does Nick do on a day of no school.  He works.  About 9:30 that morning Nick called me to inform me his boss was driving him to the ER.  He had split his lip open.  He ended up getting 13 stitches in his lip.  It was quite an ordeal.  Nick handled it in usual Nick fashion and never flinched as they stitched up his injury.  Nearly a week later his lip is healing nicely and I am thankful.  Hopefully that was Nick's last work comp injury.  Ugh. 

No comments: