Monday, February 20, 2023

The holy trinity

 So many of my past blogs focused entirely on stories about my boys.  These days the stories are just different.  They aren't quite as entertaining.  Plus I try to respect their privacy since Jay is an adult and Nick is on the cusp of being an adult. Knowing all this my momma's brain and heart is still completely centered on them; what they are doing, what they are up to and how they are feeling.  I don't suppose that will ever change.  If I ever have to wonder all I have to do is read my previous blog post.  My mom still wonders about her grands everyday and wants to know what they are up to and mom and I are cut from the same cloth.  

Recently Nick did give me some blog material.  The two of us were in his truck.  He was driving, I was talking and listening.  I'm convinved that some of the best conversations with kids happen in a vehicle.  Nick enjoys sharing his music likes with me and talking life.  He had just broken up with his girlfriend.  I told him I was sorry, that I had really liked her.  Nick didn't miss a beat when he said, "Don't you worry, mom, one day I'm going to bring home the holy trinity for you."  I loved that he said that.  It sure made me smile.  One day I'll look forward to hugging his future wife, remembering our sweet conversation when he was just 16.    

No comments: