Sunday, April 9, 2023

Our Easter Weekend


 What a glorious weekend we have had!  The weather has been beautiful, sunny and 70!  On Friday night we had family pictures taken to celebrate our upcoming 25th wedding anniversary.  My family compares professional pictures to torture but we got them done.  I haven't seen Nick "cleaned up" in months so it was an added bonus to see him put on nice jeans and a shirt.  We took a few pictures with the dogs also.  I'll post more pictures soon.  I just love this picture.  First off Jay's smile is just heartwarming.  Nick is officially taller than Mike.  Mike is laughing at who knows what.  I'm thankful that at age 50 his sense of humor is still intact.  My smile reflects a woman who is on the cusp of being 50 and in full blown menopause (that's another blog) but in my smile I see wisdom, strength and happiness.  What a blessing my family is to me.  

On Saturday I had brunch with Mary and Sarah to celebrate Sarah's birthday.  I know I say it all the time but seriously I have the absolute best girlfriends.  Today was lovely as well.  Mike and I and our boys went to the home of our pastor to hear him preach his sermon.  Our pastor was having an early sunrise service at 7:30 am.  It was intimate and quaint and we loved it.  The service reminded me of the services I attended in my youth. Afterwards we picked mom up and brought her out to my house where we had brunch together.  It was just the five of us this year.  Mom loves coming to my house and today was no different.  She enjoyed her time here and every time she can get in and out of my house and enjoy herself I am thankful.  

Most importantly today is Resurrection Sunday.  The day that I give thanks to Jesus for his ultimate sacrifice on the cross.  The older I get the more excited I get about heaven, knowing this earth is not my home.  Mom mentioned today that she was sad that Grandma and Grandpa can no longer be in church on Easter Sunday. I reminded her that Grandma and Grandpa are in church everyday, worshipping God and singing His praises everyday.  What a gift!  


Mike - 50

Me - 48 

Jay - 21 

Nick - 16 

No comments: