Monday, May 18, 2009

A mother "torn"

As a working mother, I have guilt everyday. My guilt starts first thing in the morning when I have to wake my sleeping children from their warm slumber then it escalates to rushing them out the door. At night, I wonder if they wonder if I actually hear what they are saying because I'm in such a rush to get dinner on the table. Then, there is always the illness factor to add more to my guilt. How long do I stay home with a sick child? When do I take them to the doctor? And are they sick enough to stay home from school? I feel torn everyday. I try to be the best worker, wife and mother...........knowing full well that being a wife and mother rank way before worker but I still feel torn. I don't want to be the person that everyone gossips about because I have to stay home with sick kids. No matter how you dice it, being a mom is hard work and guilt seems to be just part of the job description.

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

every mother feels this way!!!