Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Separation Anxiety

Based on my blog title of "Separation Anxiety," one might think I would be writing about Nick today (since 3 year olds tend to have more separation anxiety) but oh no, this blog is about Jay. Last Thursday night before I left for Chicago, Jay was not happy. He told me I did not need to go to Chicago and when I asked him why he said........."Because I'm use to having you here." Precisely my point!!! He even got a little teary-eyed about it. On Friday afternoon when Christy (my daycare provider) picked him up from school she told me he was weepy again about me not being home on Friday night. Jay was the first to greet me with a huge hug on Saturday afternoon when I returned home. On Sunday, my mom asked him if he missed me and he replied..."Yes, a lot," and went on to say that he missed me so much because I read to him at night and I say stuff to him.....hence, I actually have conversations with him, something Mike isn't always so good at (hee, hee).
Jay was my toddler who did go through some heavy duty separation anxiety but it passed. Now, he's just my kid who likes to be at home with his family. He likes a mother hen who wants all her ducklings around! Needless to say I felt appreciated and it felt good to know he still likes to have me around.

2 comments:

The Stille's said...

Jay will always appreciate you and if he doesn't he will get a good talkin to from his aunt!!

LOMO Family said...

What a sweetie!