Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Our wedding day
12 years later
Today Mike and I will be celelbrating (I use the word celebrating lightly since we have 2 little boys under our feet all day but we did go out to eat last night, thank you Aunt Mimi) our 12 year wedding anniversary. We woke up to a day much like today, rain! Some fun tid-bits I've experienced are:
*The first year we were married we lived in the same apartment building as our friends, the Ausili's. Everyone always says the first year of marriage is the hardest but I didn't find that to be true (try year 7!!!). We had a ball that year.
*The year Mike started working in the Customer Response Center. It has been the only time I've ever seen him loathe his job. Thankfully that job was short lived and he got into maintenace, a job he truly enjoys and is good at.
*I wasn't really aware of his perfectionist nature until we started the remodeling job in the old house. I knew he was a little "over the top" when he tore the ceiling out and I came home to rafters above my head.
*Another remodeling job memory, I did dishes out of a laundry tub and cooked dinner on snack trays for 18 months. As I admit that now, I'm horrified. I can't believe I did that because on top of it all, I had Jay who was only a baby at the time.
*We started building the new house in May 2004. Jay was only 2 and I had my hands full with him. Selfishly I was glad I had Jay to take care of or else otherwise Mike would have worked me like a slave. Ha.
*When we moved into the new house we were able to afford nice, stainless steel appliances. We enjoyed our glass cook-top for one month when one morning I dropped a pan on it and it cracked! Mike just shook his head and got on the phone and ordered another one. I do remember it took me a couple of months to pay for it. Ugh!
*Jay got sick one night when he was a baby. I must have been in the basement because Mike heard him from the bathroom. Mike got out of his shower (yes, naked) and when he picked Jay up to put him over his shoulder, Jay barfed down Mike's back. It was a wonderful moment.
There are many more memories but too long for a blog. I would describe living with Mike as easy and fun! He's always been fun to live with but sometimes not so easy and that's just the reality of marriage. I've been a real "cupcake" too but here we are 12 years later with 2 little boys who light up or fire us up everyday!


No comments: