Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First day of school - 4th grade and Kindergarten

Well today was the day - Jay went to 4th grade and Nick entered kindergarten.  Mike took the day off and joined us.  I pointed out to Mike this is the last time we'll be taking a child to kindergarten.  It was bittersweet.  Nick did great and I'm sure he'll do fine.  I got such a kick out of Jay and Nick today.  I had to go through the lunch menu with the boys to determine what days they wanted to eat hot and cold lunch.  Every meal choice I read, Nick wouldn't answer until Jay gave him the low-down as to whether it was a "gross" lunch or an acceptable one.  Jay started to get annoyed but as Mike and I pointed out to him, Nick is just starting school and is only looking for guidance from his older brother.  As for the picture above..........this was the best I could do.  He was a big "cheese" today.  I was just glad he wasn't wearing cut off jeans with his UnderArmor shirt.  I told him he could wear his cut off jeans & his UnderArmor shirt on Fridays only!


My boys!
I love this picture - it looks like the boys actually like each other.  Ha!  Let's just say they have their moments.  Another funny moment today.  One of the benefits of working from home is now I don't have to be so rushed in the mornings.  The boys get to sleep in 30 minutes longer (compared to the time I had to wake them last school year) and I can drive them to school everyday.  I've been looking forward to doing this since I accepted this job back in April.  But ironically my older son started complaining that he can't ride the bus!  I'd like to point out that in order for Jay to ride the bus he'd have to get up 30 minutes earlier (so the same time I was getting him up last school year), be at the bus stop at exactly 6:55 and then ride the bus for 50 minutes!!!!  Are you starting to put all this together?  In other words, if I let Jay do this we'd be right back to the same, hectic schedule we were running on last school year.  Go figure.  I did tell Jay riding the school bus in the mornings is non-negiotable, I'm driving him to school! 

No comments: