Monday, August 29, 2011

This blog is really about Nick but I thought the picture of above of the boys was so cute.  Jay all dressed up for football practice and Nick all dressed for soccer. 
Tonight I had the adventure of taking Nick to soccer practice.  Now some people might disagree but I personally find it painful to watch 5 year olds play soccer.  They stumble all over each other and have no idea what they are doing but that's not the point......as long as kids enjoy it and get to move their bodies then who cares, right?  The coach decides she wants the parents to
play against the kids tonight to help them learn how the game is played.  As she asked the parents secretly I was thinking Oh please don't pick me.....But then that little voice was saying, "go and play and you may actually enjoy it."  So I played the game.  It started out in typical Nick fashion with him giving me cuddles on the field.  I told him that although I appreciated his cuddles he should pay attention to the game and stop giving his mother cuddles.  Then I accidentally backed over another 5 year old.  I wouldn't say I plowed him over but I tripped over him as I was backing up and he fell to the ground........tears and all.  It was quite a spectatcle.  I apologized profusely and the boy was not hurt, just probably shaken up by being knocked over by adult who out weighed him by at least 125 lbs.  Yikes!  Then Nick changed his tune from being all "lovey and cuddley" to sweating me on the field.  As I'm playing I hear my youngest across the field shouting........."Is that all you got, mom," "Is that how you play soccer, REALLY, Mom, REALLY!"  What can I say?  It was an eventful soccer evening. 

1 comment:

Katie said...

CRACK ME UP!!! Love this post