Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fun with family

As our last "hoorah" before my sister goes back to work we all got together at my house for lunch and then went to the pool.  We went to this small pool in Stanford.  The kids had the whole pool to themselves and mom, Kim and I relaxed.  It was heaven.  If we had a quarter for everytime my mom, sister and I mentioned how blessed we are that we get to spend time together we'd be rich.  We love seeing the kids together.  The picture above is of Jay and Luke.  Lukie is such an adorable baby and he and Jay are buddies. 

Sweet Lauren.  Her hair got so blond this summer.  She is such a good sport.  She is surrounded by boys and truly loves it.  She loves being around people (like her mother) and even though her and Nick squabble sometimes the four cousins really do love each other - when they squabble it just proves they are more like siblings rather than cousins.  I love it.
Here's Nick in his "summer time uniform."  His first day of kindergarten is coming up and let me just say he won't be wearing this shirt.  Ha. Nick has loved the water this summer.  This summer he was able to swim without water wings.  He kept up with his older brother and did everything he did. 

Nick and Lauren are totally humoring me in this picture, although you'd never guess.  The two of them did pretty good this day but they do have their moments.  Nick hates it when Lauren wants to give him "loves" so she purposely loves to do it, which sends Nick over the edge.  It makes Kim and I just laugh and shake our heads.  Those two!
Sweet, sweet Luke.  I know I'm biased but he is so cute and sweet.  We are all in love with the last baby that will be in our clan.  My sister and I like to joke that there isn't an ugly one in the bunch.  He's such a sweet natured boy.  I do joke with Kim that she's basically screwed once he's mobile.  I've been there done that and still doing it with two boys.  I know how it all goes down.  Ha. 

No comments: