Friday, August 24, 2012

My B.F.F

Recently I was having the best friend conversation with Jay.  My point I was trying to get across was that it is okay to have a best friend who has lots of other friends.  I was trying to use the example of my dear friend, Jenny and I.  Jenny and I are really good friends but she has lots of other friends besides me and I have lots of other friends beside Jenny.  That's what makes life fun.  When I started the conversation I asked Jay who he thought my best frend was.  He didn't miss a beat and said, "Well isn't dad your best friend?"  It stopped me dead in my tracks.  Mike is my best friend but that wasn't the angle of the story I was going with but I responded to Jay, smiled and said, Yes, absolutely daddy was my best friend and I was glad he had noticed.  I worry about parenting mistakes I am making and will continue to make but this is not one of them.  I was prideful knowing the kind of relationship Mike and I have demonstrated to the boys.  After being together for 18 years, It's not easy.  It probably comes easier to Mike than it does to me.  I tend to be more of the hot head in the relationship (hee, hee) .
BTW - the picture above is old but it's one of my favorites.  It was taken in the fall of 2010. 

No comments: