Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oblivious.....I think not

Certain people (Okay, my husband) have accused me of being oblivious.  So I don't notice the sticky, gooey, mess sticking to the cabinets.  And who cares if I don't notice the crumbs on the breakfast bar.  And Yes, I may ignore the toothpaste in the sink but when it comes to food.........trust me, I notice!  Imagine that?  Jay has the Schmidt (my mom's side of the family) and the Siebert family sweet tooth.  And he got it BAD!  Although you wouldn't know it since he weighs about 50 lbs soaking wet.  Ha!  But the boy sneaks sweets whenever possible.  But I always catch him because he never does it in a clean, tidy way.  For example, today he stayed home with me while I worked.  It was a rainy day.  He watched movies and relaxed - just the kind of day he loves.  His first offense of the day was when I noticed the cap off the tupperware where I keep the chocolate chips.  Later, Jay made cookie dough and put the dough in the fridge.  I would notice little spots of dough on the door handles of the fridge.  Then to top it off I baked 15 cookies.  I gave him 3 to eat, right out of the oven, therefore there was 12 cookies left.  When I returned later there were only 10 cookies.  Jay blamed Copper and never changed his story.  What-eveh!  Now you can see why, on occassion, I have to hide sweets in my underwear drawer.  And to all this I say to Mike, "See I'm not oblivious when it comes to where all the food is disappearing to in this house!" 

No comments: