Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Go figure

My boys are totally different personality wise but have very similiar interests and enjoy doing the same activities.  For this I am thankful.  Jay complains about Nick but when he's gone, he's the first one to miss him.  Today I made the decision to separate the boys.  They had had a lot of together time.  I shipped Jay to his grandparents and Nick to daycare so I could work for the day.  Grandma and Grandpa took Jay boating.  When I dropped Jay off this morning I just asked my in-laws if they could be back home by 4:30 so I could pick him up.  My phone rang at 3:00.  It was Jay.  He explained in his ever so soft voice that he was home from boating and could I come get him.  When I arrived my mother in law explained that Jay was simply bored without his brother today.  Really - is it even possible to be bored on a boat?  But sure enough, Jay was.  Jay may complain about having a little brother who "follows him around and talks too much" but when he's faced with a day without him he learned it's not so great.  Jay didn't even want to water ski.  It was just wasn't the same without his brother's encouragement and laughter.  I pray that Jay always appreciates what Nick brings to his life and I pray Nick always appreciates what Jay brings to his life and that they always bring out the best in each other.  When they were reunited at home tonight they immediately started building a sleep fort with big plans to sleep together in their fort.  To all that happened today I say Go figure!

No comments: