Thursday, September 26, 2013

Our week

 I'm trying to play catch up with my blog!  We've had a whirlwind 2 weeks.  I've started my work day at 4 a.m. almost every morning.  I feel like I blink and my work day is over and I'm waiting at the bus stop for Nick and then I'm preparing meals and we're off to our evening activities.  One day after school this week I took Nick and a friend to a pumpkin farm.  As you can see from the picture above they loved it.  Nick is really doing well these days.  He seems to love second grade and Mrs. Loyer.  He is playing flag football and is quite the player.  He's made touchdowns and even had an interception his last game.  Way to go, Nick!
So tonight Jay went to his first middle school dance.  Doesn't he look handsome?  I'm really proud of Jay.  He is doing well in school and I've written before the transition to sixth grade is the easiest one for him thus far.  He's keeping up with his school work.  His grades are all A's and B's (so far) and he's working hard at cross country.  Plus he's in a small group at church.  He's a busy middle schooler and is handling it well.  I just can't believe this kid is old enough for a jr. high dance.  Seriously, where has the time gone?  Where is that boy who would play in the sandbox for hours - growing up, I guess.  Bo hoo!  I do have a nice sense of calmness tonight.  Our neighbor across the street is Jay's middle school principal (who is at the dance), my friend and Jay's math teacher is always present at school and is his ride home tonight .  Then I found out that Mrs. Ledford (who helps make sure Jay is organized at school) is not only his teacher's aide but also his new girlfriends mom!!!  I am cracking up!  Jay tries to be sneaky but he usually fails miserably and with everybody and their brother knowing him and his mom doesn't help him any.  Hee, Hee.

No comments: