Monday, September 2, 2013

The official end of summer.....Labor Day

School is in full swing and my life revolves around making nutella sandwiches.  The picture above will cover the boys for about 3 days.  Kid you not.  They each have about 2 per day.  I spend a good 45 minutes every Sunday making nutella sandwiches.  Hungry boys!
Last weekend Jay had a sleep over.  He handles no sleep pretty well.  He doesn't get cranky but by Saturday night he was beat.  He cuddled up to dad and shut his eyes.  I don't think he actually fell asleep but to see Jay still for a few seconds.....I couldn't resist a photo.
We spent the final days of the summer at Laura's pool.  She is so dang hospitable.  We sure enjoyed our time in her pool as we do every summer.



My grandparents came down this weekend for Labor Day.  They attended the parade with my mom, sister and I.  They are 84 (right mom?) and do remarkably well.  It was so nice to spend some time with them.
My favorite (and only, ha) niece, Lauren.  My boys didn't go to the parade.  They went boating with their grandparents so I got to hang out with Lauren and Luke.


Lauren wanted one of these balloons so bad.  She finally got one.  She was one happy girl.  And now we are headed right into September.  I'm trying a new fitness challenge this month.  We'll see how it goes.  Laura and I are doing it together which really helps me and I need all the help I can get.  Jay will be in full swing with cross country which includes practices and many meets.  Nick has flag football practice twice a week and will start having games on Sept. 7.  Mike and I stay ridiculously busy at work......which is good job security.  I know one day I'll look back on these days and wonder how we did it but we do make it work and we seem to balance things fairly well.  I know before I know it these days will be long gone.

No comments: