Monday, September 30, 2013

Nick's lunch time jokes

When Jay was in second grade I filled his lunches with jokes.  I later found out that Jay's friends enjoyed the lunch time jokes more than Jay.  I think Jay thought it took too much work to read my jokes and by second grade Jay knew what the word lame meant and how to use it in a sentence which is the word he applied to my jokes.  Ouch!  Since Nick is in second grade I figured it was his time to endure my lunch time jokes.  I've been packing the jokes for about three weeks now and Nick has given me nothing but positive feedback - Nick isn't above lame jokes!  He tells me he likes my jokes and looks forward to reading them everyday (bless you my boy!).  So today I went and had lunch with Nick.  He opened his lunch box and his eyes brightened when he saw the "joke" paper.  He opened the joke, read it and laughed and I'm happy to report all the other boys at the table also giggled.  I mean after all, when one gives you a joke of, "How does a farmer count his cows - With a Cow-Culater," what else can you do but laugh?  About that time Jay's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Stroud, came to the table to find out what joke I had written that day.  Apparently Mrs. Stroud also enjoys my jokes and it's quite the entertainment during second grade lunch.  Clearly I'm no joke teller and honestly I forget the punch line to many jokes, which is why I rely on a joke book for second graders but for now I'll just soak up the laughs I'm getting from my blue eyed second grader!

No comments: